The demand for generic drugs is increasing worldwide and pharmaceutical companies are realizing the great potential this opportunity affords. Efficient and Cheap drugs are always needed, making this a growing business sector for drugmakers. The global market for generic drugs is projected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7 percent; meaning that, in the forecast period 2016 to 2021, the global market will increase from $352 billion to $533 billion.1
In this article, the top five generic drug makers are listed by total revenue, measured in the financial year (FY) 2018. Counting down, they are as follows
JoinHub Pharma is an award-winning Pharmaceutical Company in India. We hold a reputed name with regards to branded medicines and generic medicines. Our company is certified by the highest authority like WHO, FDA, ISO 9001:2008, GMP, etc. We are a top pharma manufacturer known for our top of the line quality pharma products and services. Without a doubt, we are considered to be one of the best generic medicine manufacturers in India. In fact, 85% of our revenue is generated by way of exporting to MIDDLE EAST, CIS, and AFRICA production facilities. We are popular for our widest list of medicines which contains more than 1000+ pharma products.
The range of products we manufacture are:
● Tablet, Capsules and soft gel capsules, Injection, oral liquid, external
● preparations cream, ointments, suspensions, eye ear nasal drops in different
● therapeutic expertise CNS,
● Anticonvulsant, anti-diabetic, anticancer, antibiotics, antiviral, antibacterial,
● hormone, nutraceutical, derma care, probiotic, prebiotic, cough,
● expectorant, NSAIDs, nephrology and urology, oral contraceptives, gynecology,
● oral health care and many more
Every manufacturing is done in our company-owned GMP-WHO certified units. What makes us best to associate with and become our client?
Here are the points for consideration:
● Latest Packaging Technology like ALU-ALU is utilized.
● Manufacturing Agreement is kept transparent through clarified terms and
● conditions. It likewise incorporates Intellectual property Rights,
● We have a reputation for updating with long term relations.
● Widest range of 1000+ pharma items
● Skilled R&D team with completely furnished automated laboratory,
● Manufacturing happens in excise duty-free zones which make the business deal moderate.
● Approved pharma products from Food & Dry Administration (FDA) for every medicine
● Approvals from DCGI and FSSAI for all products
● Units and plants certified by well-known associations including Good
● Manufacturing Products (GMP) and the World Health Organization (WHO)
● Secrecy is maintained about the generic drug product formulation with everything being equal.
● Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) approval to advertise a generic drug product has been taken care of by the organization itself.
This pharmaceutical company is based in Mumbai, India. Lupin Pharmaceuticals is a subsidiary of Lupin Limited and one of the top five pharmaceutical companies in the country, making it a key player in the industry. The company was founded in 1968 and while its main focus is generic drugs, it also manufactures branded medications and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
Sun Pharmaceuticals, also headquartered in Mumbai and has over 2,000 marketed products. According to Sun Pharmaceuticals, they have built a portfolio of about 10 specialty products, five of which are already on the market. They expect that this side of their business will be a key driver in the coming financial year.5 In addition to being a leading generic drug maker, the company also provides a range of APIs. They invest heavily in R&D, using around 7-8 percent of their annual revenues to improve this side of their business. Established in 1983, Sun Pharma sold items across India before expanding globally in 1996.
Sandoz is a generic and biosimilar producer division of the Novartis Group. Headquartered in Munich, Germany,10 the company merged with Ciba-Geigy in 1996 to form Novartis. According to the company, a planned transformation for Sandoz through Novartis is expected to enable them to compete effectively in a more challenging environment by increasing their share of higher-margin differentiated products. The retail generics franchise amounted to 80% of the company’s total business, followed by biopharmaceuticals (15%) and anti-infectious (5%). Sandoz also offers a variety of drug delivery mechanisms.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Based in Jerusalem, Israel, Teva is the world’s leading generic drug maker; yet it’s also active in ventures that include APIs. Teva manufactured nearly 120 billion tablets with one out of nine generic prescriptions in the US containing the organization’s products. Teva says that it has a unique understanding of local markets. Founded in 1901, Teva began as a small wholesale drug business distributing imported medications. In the 1980s, it then expanded internationally and entered the US market.18 With a specialty R&D program, the company says it has a “robust pipeline” of high-value medications
Generic drug makers have vast potential in the market and, due to the high demand for generics, significant profits exist to return investments. Opportunities for these companies provide the potential for even greater growth in the future, with the market set to increase soon.